Search This Blog

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Updated: Kirkby on Henry Maine and the ReConstitution of the British Empire

Coel Kirkby, who is finishing up his dissertation at St. Edmund's College, Cambridge has sent me a pdf of a recently published review article in the Modern Law Review (not yet online). It's a review of Karuna Mantena s' Alibis of Empire: Henry Maine and the Ends of Liberal Imperialism, (Princeton: Princeton University Press, 2010, 269 pp, hb £27.50.) Coel hopes it explains 'ideologies' better than the paper he gave at the Toronto Legal History Group workshop in the spring. Well, Coel, I confess I hardly remember that discussion now, but I think the review essay is both clear and interesting. You should post it on SSRN, though, so I could include a link! Or on your Academia.edu page.

Update: Coel says the article is now online at .http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1468-2230.2012.00919.x/abstract

No comments:

Post a Comment